Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stuff (just pretend I said that in an Irish accent or something)

I always get inspiration at the worst possible moments. A million page essay due in an hour, and I haven't started it? Oh my God, I just got the best idea for a novel ever, and I must write the entire thing right away. Do I have to do laundry and wash dishes and pack up everything I own? One sec, just got the most amazing ideas for 80 poems. Do I have to write a story for school? Oh, I think I'll just sit in my comfy chair all night and watch stupid youtube videos. As long as Word is minimized, I'm sort of writing, right? Or, maybe I have nothing to do at all. Of course I get no inspiration at all, then.

So, it's kind of a problem. Kinda.

This week I have a bunch of essays due, and I really should be working on them. But, you know, being a person and all, I don't really want to. I want to write out this idea that fell into me last night (by last night, I mean about four in the morning. Also not the best time, exactly!*) Though, honestly, I can't really complain. It's not like I'd magically feel like doing work-like things if I just didn't have this story in my head. I'd still wait this long. And, you know, I like this. I like writing. So, really, I'm not sure why I'm complaining at all. Damn, I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment