Monday, September 6, 2010

Nature is Perfection

Somethings are just beautiful. Like nature, and my friends. (Well, all people are beautiful in one way or another, but I'm convinced that I have the most gorgeous friends ever. And the most fantastically fun!)

We (well, me and the two main roomies, Meg and Ryan) went hiking today/technically yesterday, and it was amazing is basically every way. It was just too short. You know, nature is one of my all time favorite things. There's nothing that makes me feel more alive than being outside in the wilderness. I think I'd even prefer a day hiking to a day playing around in amusement parks, which is really saying something. Nature is just so magnificent, and so inspiring. It makes you think of everything and everyone in the world, and of everything your life might be. It makes you take your guard down, and just run around and dance. It makes you live.



I took this picture of Meg, and I just think it perfectly illustrates everything I feel. I mean, look how immense the clouds are. It's the world, and it's huge and beautiful and unknowable.

I love it.

Sometimes, I want to just start walking and never stop. I want to walk through cities, to tiny towns, over mountains, in the boonies, everywhere. I want to walk leisurely, and take in everything. I want to run and dance in the wind. I want to be carefree in the best way. I want to be alive.

2 comments: