Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Update/ I Can't Think of a Clever or Interesting Title

I have been a really bad blogger lately. I got back home way earlier in the month, and since then I've been making up for all of the sleep that I didn't have last semester. And looking for jobs. (I'll probably end up at the Christmas Tree Shop again, though hopefully in the front this time. I'm five feet tall, so I'm just not really meant for unloading trucks. And I kinda hate it. I really have no idea why I ended up doing that so much last year; it wasn't fun. Anyway, I might end up actually getting two jobs, so that I can pay for going abroad).

So, yeah, I'm going to Ireland spring semester! I'm beyond excited. I just can't wait. I've always wanted to travel, but the thing about Cape Codders is that we practically never leave the Cape. Until college, my family would only leave it a couple times a year, and usually that would either be to somewhere else in Mass (or barely off the bridge, but I'm not counting those times) or to Vermont because of family. So, besides New England, I've been to Florida once when I was a kid, California once when I was a baby, and to Montreal. I mean, Montreal is wicked cool and everything, but it's still pretty close. I can't wait to go to Europe. I can't wait to go to Ireland. This is probably maybe bad to admit, but one of the reasons (one of the main reasons) that I want to go to Ireland is the accents. The amazing fantastic accents. I want to go there and find a hot Irish boy friend and then stay there forever and make Irish babies. Sound good? And then I want to travel everywhere else in Europe. And then the world. I want to go to all of the other amazingly accented English speaking countries and be all like, hey. And then I want to go to the non English speaking countries, and suddenly be able to speak all of their languages. (Every single language. Including the dead ones. Yay for impossible/ blatantly ridiculous goals).

So, yeah, I'm stoked. I mean, I'm still not really sure about any of the details, and I haven't even been on a plane since I was a little kid, but it'll all work out in the end. At least, it better.

Oh, and I promise promise promise that my next update won't take another month to happen! And I should have some actual writing, too.

2 comments:

  1. <3 <3 I love you Ashley and I'm gonna miss you so much when you go to Ireland although it's kind of impossible to think that I can miss you even more than I do now :'(

    ReplyDelete